Academic Staff Member (f/m/d)
Faculty / Division:
KASTEL – Institute of Information Security and Dependability
IPEK – Institute for Product Development
For the next possible date
The spokesperson of the CRC, Professor Dr. Ralf Reussner, will be happy to answer any questions.
The Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) Convide – Consistency in the View-Based Development of Cyber-Physical Systems researches methods and tools for constructing software-intensive technical systems. In accordance with the increasing role of software in these systems, the increased use and interconnection of software engineering approaches in systems engineering is being researched in an interdisciplinary manner by computer scientists and engineers. In addition to the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) as the spokesperson, the Technische Universität Dresden, the University of Mannheim and the Technische Universität München are also involved.
In a network of leading scientists, together with computer scientists and engineers, you will research procedures, tools and methods for the design of complex modern software-intensive technical systems. Your results will enable the efficient construction of sustainable technical products. The approaches you research allow, for example, the implementation of modern visions of mobility.
Academic staff member (m/f/d) (remuneration group TV-L E13) with an above-average Master's degree in computer science or mechanical engineering.
The possibility of doctoral studies is given in the case of fulfilment of the admission requirements of the corresponding doctoral regulations.
- Interest and willingness in interdisciplinary work in the field of computer science and engineering
- Interest in model-driven development and analysis methods for software-intensive technical systems
- Pleasure in taking on responsibility
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written form,
- confident command of the English language, good knowledge of German or willingness to acquire it
- Computer science graduates with a major or interest in software engineering, modelling and formal methods
- For mechanical engineering graduates, interest in and initial experience with modern development processes and methods based on advanced system engineering and modelling for complex mechatronic systems
We offer an excellent research environment of the CRC including an internationally visible team of outstanding research collegues, a varied job, a wide range of further training opportunities, flexible working time models, a subsidy for the BW job ticket and a casino/cafeteria.
Remuneration is based on the collective agreement of the public service in the remuneration group TV-L E13.
Limited for an initial period of two years with extension option up to 6 years in total
3 July 2023
Please send your application documents (curriculum vitae, references, thesis, list of publications, if applicable) in the form of a single PDF file by e-mail to: application∂sfb-convide.de
We aim to fill the jobs as evenly as possible with employees (f/m/d) and would therefore particularly welcome applications from women.
In the case of equal suitability, recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration.